Wyoming PBS is one of eight PBS stations selected to participate in a nationwide CPB effort to encourage and enhance learning in science, technology, engineering and math. The initiative brings together local public television stations, national producers, science educators, science organizations and other partners with a broad network of students, business and government leaders and mentors, including FIRST, a non-profit organization that promotes science exploration through robotics.
Tune in to these EMphaSis shows in February:
- FRONTLINE (brain disease)
- AMERICAN EXPERIENCE (lobotomy, polio)
- NATURE (natural sciences)
- NOVA (butterflies, spy technology, intelligent design/evolution, dinosaurs, bird flight, botany)
- SECOND OPINION (medicine).
Help kids put the EMphaSis on weekdays:
Catch READING RAINBOW at 4:30pm on these days for more math and science:
- 2/11 Wed: Scientists and falcons
- 2/12 Thur: Scientists and eagles
- 2/13 Fri: Fact vs. Fiction
- 2/19 Thur: Space Exploration
- 2/20 Fri: Technology and recycling